The new Village Hall was officially opened in March 1992 by the Lord Lieutenant of Devon, Lord Morley of Pound House, Yelverton. It was the largest village hall in rural Devon.
Today the hall has a thriving community including indoor bowling, badminton, weight-watchers, aerobics, yoga, karate, bingo, Scottish Dancing, table-top sales, talks and group meetings. There is also a football pitch, bowling green and tennis courts. Car Boot sales are a regular source of income along with private bookings.
The village Hall is modern with glorious views of Dartmoor & is available for numerous events including:-
- Private Parties
- Sports including- Badminton (equipment available), table tennis, card games inc. bridge.
- Meetings such as Seminars, workshops, lectures, craft fairs, coffee mornings
- Events such as Yoga, Pilates, Bingo, charity fundraising events, quizzes, jumble sales
- Car Boot Sales
The village hall has the following amenities:-
- Spacious Hall leading to a terrace. Separate Bar area leading off hall.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Separate meeting room.
- Car Park for 30 cars with overflow onto field
- Internal toilet facilities inc. full disabled access to all areas
Great care has been taken to ensure suitable disabled access including toilet facilities provided.
The hall is a charity run by volunteers and a committee who meet regularly to plan village events and activities to raise funds to cover the upkeep of the hall.
Visit the Yelverton village hall website here http://www.yelvertonvillagehall.co.uk/